Let me tell you a secret which may not necessarily be a secret: on the Internet, anyone can write an eBook. I am not kidding. Each and every one of us has a piece of information nurtured in our minds that, once shared with other people, could net for us countless rewards for marketing and financial purposes. “But I haven’t written anything my entire life,” you might say. Read on, my friend.
Creating Your EBook
The beauty of writing for the Internet is that you don’t have to be a Shakespeare or a Stephen King. In fact, the simpler your style of writing is, the better it would be for your readers. The online audience is much different from those of printed publications. Internet users are less patient, as reading your piece on the monitor is less convenient than having an actual book that you could take to bed.
But even if you’re not blessed with an iota of writing skills, or if you simply don’t have the time to come up with your own work, fret not. You could always hire a ghostwriter. There are a lot of ghostwriters in the World Wide Web, and it’s just a matter of finding the best, and most affordable, one for your particular needs.
Alternative Ways Of Coming Up With An EBook Product
There are many ways by which you could come up with your own eBook even with minimal writing on your part. You could always compile articles that you could freely download from article directories, for example, for as long as you retain their resource boxes. I don’t recommend this but you can do it, Or you could conduct an interview with an expert of a particular field and simply transcribe the same for an easy product. Better yet, you could tap into the almost infinite farm of public domain information for your much needed content, something which you could utilize free of charge.
Marketing Through Your EBook
Regardless of the manner by which you decide to create your eBook, one thing is certain. An ebook is a powerful vehicle for promoting your website. Let us take a look at some of the ways by which you could do this.
1. Your eBook can be the heart of a potent viral marketing campaign to promote your website. Viral marketing is the online equivalent of word-of-mouth advertising. With this strategy, you could achieve an increase in website traffic through the exponential spread of your business message, i.e. your website’s link. Simply populate your eBook with links to your website, and distribute the same for free. Encourage your recipients to distribute the same product to their family and friends, if ever they would love what is inside your eBook. This would result in a wildfire-like spread of your eBook to many, many people, and consequently, a wildfire-like spread of your link as well. Sometimes I tell people after they download my ebook not to share it with anyone, this makes them share it with more people because they think it will make them look smart in front of their family and friends.
2. Your eBook can be packaged as a bonus for the products that other people are offering for sale. Not only will your eBook add to the value of the said product and invite the interest of more potential customers, this tactic would also allow you to win some visitors to your website. Better yet, the visitors you stand to gain from this strategy are quality ones, as they have a history of transacting online, hence, a higher likelihood of doing business with you, if ever you’re maintaining a commercial website.
3. Your eBook can be used as a gift in exchange for a subscription to your mailing list. Your mailing list, of course, is a way for you to acquire repeat visitors. Pumping up your mailing list with more subscribers would give you some guaranteed traffic. This can even be set up using an autoresponder service. If you have a blog Feedburner works really well for that.
4. You could use your eBook in bartering for a spot on the pages of popular websites. Let other people give it away for you. This also establishes you as an expert in your field.
5. Last, but most certainly not the least, you could sell your eBook. By doing this, you stand to earn for every sale, and you could promote your website at the same time through the links contained in the product’s pages.