How To Come Up With Website Content That Your Visitors Would Love
Seriously, how many times have you heard the phrase “content is king.” One too many times, perhaps, that you’re practically sick of it? Don’t be, my friend. Such is more than just a catchphrase to win your interest. It is a fact, the one fact that could spell boom or doom for your online endeavor.
Content is all about information, and the Internet is fueled by a need for the same. This is why the Internet has always been labeled as the information superhighway. The rule when it comes to websites has evolved from the rather shallow “build it and they will come” point of view to the “give them what they want and they will arrive in droves” belief. Truly, the latter has more credibility. Would you spend your precious time, for example, on a website that offers nothing but junk?
So clearly, much care should be observed in crafting the “quality content” for your website. Your content, after all is the best investment you could make to generate sustainable traffic for your website. It is what your visitors are after, and it would serve you well if you’d be able to give them what they want.
Here are some tips you could take to ensure that your content would perfectly satisfy your visitors’ expectations.
* You cannot write without knowledge. So research the topic you want to discuss before commencing on the writing process. Often, if we have no idea about what to convey with our piece, it would just be unreadable and pointless, and this is something that you must try to avoid.
* Focus on one subject alone. You can’t discuss a variety of fields unless they are interrelated. And even if such interrelationship exists, you’ll just confuse your readers if you present to them several areas of study. Just stick to one subject, and narrow it down as much as you could to maintain your direction throughout the piece. If you find yourself falling into another field as you are writing then that field should become another page on your site.
* Make sure that you disclose accurate information. When quoting a statistic, always include the source. People in general are wary about reading data that can conveniently and fraudulently be produced. You have to win their trust by giving them credible and verifiable information.
* Pay attention to the intricacies of writing for the web audience. Avoid technical jargons as much as you could. Keep your paragraphs short, around three to five sentences each, as this would make good use of negative space, which is the blank area between a clusters of words that allow the eyes to rest. Some experts actually claim that you should write as if you’re talking to a 12 year old. This may have some truth, as you will be catering to a wide variety of people. Their reading comprehension would also vary, and you need to reach a middle ground.
* Try to win their attention with your headline, or, at the very least, your first few lines. As we’ve mentioned earlier, Internet users aren’t really known for their patience, so you have to grab their interest from the get go.
* Use bulleting and numbering as much as you could. Not only will these make your piece easier to read, you would also be giving your readers the opportunity to scan your content to see if it is indeed what they need.
* Do not forget to divide your content into categories whenever applicable. Instead of covering variety of subgenres on one page, for example, a lot a page for every subgenre instead. Not only will this strategy direct your readers to where they should be going to get the particular information that they need, this would also allow you to make good use of specialized keywords that would more effectively fetch the search engine spiders, or garner the desired ads if ever your website is enrolled under a Pay Per Click (PPC) program.
Good quality content is the foundation of a good website. With the tips above, you would be able to erect for yourself and for your online endeavor a solid base for that much desired level of success. You will notice that I used the word quality next to the word content. This is done because there are a lot of pages on the internet that are generated by a program and don’t help anyone. These pages will not withstand the rankings in search engines that writing quality content can produce. Good luck with your site.